Operations Department Meeting, November 29th, 2017
Date: Nov 29th, 2017
Duration: 1 hour
Participants: Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Sławek Sikora (Template Directory Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team), Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Aleksander Kuczek (interim Operations Department Coordinator, Vice President)
Apologies: Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team)
Aleksander asked team leaders to ensure their teams meet at least once a month and provide a written minutes from that meeting. It is important for other community members to see that the team is active.
Aleksander asked team leaders to discuss vision within each team and present it at the next meeting. The question to answer is "How this team empower website creators?". After discussion, team leaders have agreed to discuss it with their teams and return with the ideas at the next department meeting.
Aleksander asked team leader to define one or two KPI for each team to make it easier to measure team performance. After discussion, team leaders have agreed to discuss it with their teams and return with the ideas at the next department meeting.
Operations Team will be formed to help current and future department coordinator to run department smoothly. People interested in joining the team shall contact Aleksander directly on glip or email.
Aleksander promised to share an Operation Budget review with the team leaders and requested a discussion on the next meeting how to use that money in the best way.
Aleksander answered the question from the previous meeting about getting access to Google Analytics. People shall ask Luca Marzo, our secretary.
Aleksander answered the question from the previous meeting about setting emails for new volunteers. People shall ask Luca Marzo, our secretary.
GDPR implementation has been discussed, and it has been agreed that coordination with the GDPR team is required to implement SSO on all properties managed by Operation Department.
Next meeting will be held on Dec 20th, 2017 at 8 pm UTC
- Helvetio informed that the Joomla Community Magazine is thinking about the new vision for the magazine and they are happy to get some new volunteers as well as getting back some of the old ones. The team plans to start having regular meetings.
- Jaz said that there hadn't been many updates since meeting during Joomla World Conference. The team is finishing the requirements for Joomla Extensions Directory Version 4. They are happy to share their vision with the Board once it's done. The team already has KPIs in place.
- Brian stated that Joomla Resource Directory Team is looking for more efficient ways to present Joomla Professionals. They are preparing a survey for current JRD listing participants. They were also recently provided access to Google Analytics data for the JRD allowing them to determine a baseline of performance and to set future goals.
- Sławek summed up the progress made by Joomla Template Directory Team on the last sprint and expressed hope that an early version of a new directory will be ready by the end of 2017. The importance of treating all template providers equal has been underlined.
- Sander reported that there are no important updates since the last meeting. The team indicated that it has some overlapping with the Volunteer Engagement Team and that these two team should coordinate their efforts.