By George Wilson
on 2018-12-17 21:49 in Production
- New Release Lead for 3.9 and taking over Michael’s Release Lead Job is Harald Leithner
- There was a discussion about . It was voted to reject this and stick to the current plan of having 3.10 as the bridge release for Joomla 4
- On a personal level George's priority now the backend team is going my plan (see https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/j4-backend-template-working-group/reports/926-team-setup) is to start focussing on merging in staging and started with the merge in of 3.8.8 last week.
- J4 marketing meetings have started
- Discussions about how to refactor production to cope with many teams having vacant lead members
- Fixed testing for Joomla 4 and changed the repository settings to merge only when test are green. Worked quite well. We hadn’t had an issue with failing test based on bad merged code.
- Started planning for Code Sprints next year.
CMS Release Lead
- Would like to take the change of release lead to look at the process and coordinate more with 3rd parties to push the positive facts of the release.
- Liaised with Sandra on the 3.9.1 article proofreading and are trying to make this part of the process of release
- Joomla! 3.9.1 language packs are being released
- Still dealing with teething problems maintaining translations of two versions of Joomla! (ie. 3.x and 4.x)
- The language "Tajik - Cyrillic" (tg-TJ) => 82% translated & approvals yet to start
- Discussions were had about https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/19353 in order to ease the contributions for Joomla 4 in Crowdin
- Discussions were had about the concept of paid documentation writers for Joomla 4. Agreed for George to raise this at board level
- Work on Joomla 4 Tutorials Landing Page https://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:Joomla_4_Tutorials_Project
- Still working to resolve issue with Translations, hopefully will have time over holidays to solve it.
- Puneet was nominated by team to lead again for 2019 GSoC
- Preparation for GSoC Application and GSoC 2019 Docs will begin by End of December/Early January
- George and Sandra to talk about potential GSOC projects
- Invitation to CMS security summit at the Google office in Chicago at January 29th/30th - topics: secure automated updates, disclosure and information flow, serverside filtering
- RIPS scan causing false positives from time to time, being in touch with vendor to reduce the number of issues
- George has committed to reviewing the 4 open PRs before christmas allowing the team time to work on the next round of pull requests
- Will work on a sample pull request for a workflow implementation in banners for extension dev's to use as a basis for implementing workflows in their own components