Programs Department Meeting - 7th May 2019
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Vikas Pisal
- Jaz thanked everyone for submitting their budget plans and agreed to update both teams further when the budget has been reviewed by the board.
- Both teams were asked to prepare their plans, goals and needs for the next year.
- It was confirmed that all teams will now hold regular monthly meetings.
- A sprint will be held in June to work on open projects including the websites and testing the latest platfrom updates.
- The next team meeting is planned for 22nd May.
- Chris shared an overview of the JCP plans for the next 6 months; to be discussed in more detail during the sprint.
- The first team meeting with the new team leader is being planned to take place in May and will cover goals, strategies and plans for the next 6 months.
- Jaz suggested that Vikas should reach out to team leaders to further discuss the recruitment and retainment of volunteers.
- The scenario where a person applies via the Volunteer Portal for an open position on a team, but then doesn't go on to join the team was discussed - VET would like the oppurtunity to contact that person to work with them to see if there is an alternate role that might be suited to them, or be in the loop from the start of the application. Jaz will discuss this with the board to see what options are available.
- Vikas is keen to get the team up and running again.