Programs Department Meeting - July 2nd, 2019
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Vikas Pisal
- All teams were asked to check that the Volunteer Portal is up to date in time for the upcoming elections.
- Teams were reminded to publish minutes from their monthly team meetings.
- New exam pricing has been approved by the board.
- The Did You Know social media campaign is performing well.
- Development on Shika and the question management and translation component is going well.
- Plans are being prepared for the migration.
- There was a big discussion about the team's place within the Joomla ecosystem; Jaz and Chris suggested things to help kick-start the team again.
- It was agreed that Vikas will continue to work on a strategy for the 3 Rs (Recognition, Retention, Recruitment). The document will be discussed at the next meeting to help guide the discussion.
- Jaz advised that the team needs to attract more volunteers to join its own team before being able to effectively outreach to the community.
- Jaz also advised that reaching out to advocates in the open source world could be beneficial to the team to help formulate its goals and strategies for recruitment