Programs Department Meeting - 6th July 2021
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Wilco Alsemgeest, Todd Woodward
Apologies: Shirielle Williams
- Jaz shared an update on the budget requests that were approved for the new fiscal year.
- After two and half years of holding the Programs DC position, Jaz informed the department that she has decided to step down from the role at the end of the current term. During the transition process, Jaz will support her successor in every way possible to help them into the role.
- Jaz reminded everyone about the upcoming nomination period for the election cycle.
- Chris shared an update of the QMS and Shika testing. He also asked for the department's opinoins on whether the team should focus on creating the new Joomla 4 exam, or to update the current Joomla 3 exam first. The department agreed that the focus should be on the J!4 exam creation.
- The team is still looking for additional members, including a platform developer and a operations and marketing coordinator.
- Due to team members availability, on informal catch up was held on 28th June in place of the team meeting, with a full meeting to be scheduled in the coming weeks.
- Patrick gave an update on the onboarding project which now has a roadmap, with significant progress being anticipated in the coming quarter on the rebuild of the Contribute to Joomla page on the volunteers portal.
- Todd informed the department that the working group has passed a motion to temporarily pause it's activities for the foreseeable future as members are involved with other teams that have more immediate goals in the run up to the Joomla 4 launch. This has meant that the members are unfortunately stretched too thinly to cover all of their roles.
- If anyone wishes to help re-start the Working Group, please complete the contact form on the group’s page on the volunteer portal.
- Jaz will update the volunteer portal, google group and glip chats accordingly.
- Wilco shared an update on the translations teams work.