By Luca Marzo on 2016-05-26 13:27 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operations Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on May 26th, 2016 on Glip.

Team members

In attendance: Patrick Jungbluth, Luca Marzo, Andre Dreier, Todd Woodward, Pablo Pantoja, Richard van Tilborg.

Absents: Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Johan Van der Velde, Sam Suresh, Arjen Schrijvers, Hector Mansilla.

Discussion Outline

  • Patrick and Luca reported news from the Make It Happen session at JandBeyond last week.

  • At JaB, the Certification Platform Team had good progress: new Certified Users Directory has been created and it’s directly connected with the Exam Platform. They worked also on the PDF Certificate.

  • Team received important feedback from the French Community that wants to include the Joomla! Certification Exam in a complete learning project.

  • The Team worked also on applications from JLPs, RCs and JUGs, many ticket have been processed.

  • Pablo reported that some Universities from Colombia want to create learning courses about Joomla! And their aim is to include the Certification Exam in their classes.

  • Lawyers finally approved contracts. During the next OSM board meeting (this week), OSM will review/accept contracts, so we can start deploy them to our Joomla! Learning Partners.

  • JoomlaDay Italy asked to have an exam session on November 12, 2016. Team thinks that it could be an interesting opportunity for many people in Italy to attend the certification at a big community event.

  • JoomlaDay Austria asked to have an exam session on December 2-3, 2016. Team wants to approve the session and will help organizers to be compliant.

  • Team noticed some trademark violations with domain names and unofficial certifications and will report them to the Joomla! Trademark & Licensing Working Group in order to be processed.

  • Team started a brainstorming document about a short agreement for JUGs/JDays that will host exam sessions.

  • Luca will talk with Martijn from OSM to understand if we can use the Non-Disclosure Agreement (OSM) for Supervisors at JUGs and JoomlaDays.

  • Andre will ask Radek Suski (Events/JET Team) to obtain informations about the process for funding travels of Certification Team members.

  • Patrick is working with Brian Mitchell (JRD Team) to list JLPs on the Joomla! Resource Directory.

  • Most of the applicants did not answer our email and/or tickets, so we cannot process their applications. If you applied as JLP or you asked to host a Certification Exam, please look at your mailbox and answer emails from the Certification program. If you did not received email from us, please open a support ticket at https://certification.joomla.org/support

 

All of these meeting notes are not final and cannot be used as reference.

Meeting ends after 85 minutes.