Certification Program: team meeting: January 29th 2020.
The meeting started at 20:00 (CET).
Attendees: Andrea Gentil, Jereon Moolenschot, Wilco Alsemgeest, Luca Marzo (last part) and Chris Keen.
Guest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) - not online.
1. The team discussed the Joomla ‘FftF’. Most of the core members were present at the forum, and many are involved in the resulting initiatives.
2. We have prepared an overview of the Certification Programs work and results in 2019. This overview will be published in a Joomla Community Magazine (JCM) special edition in February 2020 (date not yet confirmed).
3. We discussed the status of the JCP platform migration. Most of the features have been moved from the ‘exam’ site to the ‘Certification’ site. We also discussed a workaround for a problem we have in importing the exams into the new exam ’system’. We will now implement this workaround and hope soon to be able to further test the new exam ‘system’ and complete the migration. We will then remove the ‘Exam’ site.
4. We are researching the possibility of adding new exam types in the future. This is still in the idea phase. As soon as we have concrete plans we will share these with the community.
Platform and Exam team
5. Most of the Platform and Exam topics were discussed in the general discussion (see point 3).
Operations and Marketing team
6. We have now implemented a new contact form. This will mean that all messages to the JCP will be logged in the ticket system.
7. We have now approved two new J!3 Exam Supervisors for Australia. This is great news for the JCP and exam candidates, as we now have three supervisors which makes it now possible to supervise exams in more locations.
8. The JCP ‘second chance initiative’ for candidates retrying an exam was approved. This will be published on the Certification site in the very near future and then promoted within the community.
9. The JCP ‘Did you know.. ' campaign was a success in 2019. The campaign was discussed with the Social Marketing Team at the ‘FftF’, with the intention of continuing this in 2020.
10. The JUG / Joomladays examination process has been reviewed and revised. We aim to introduce and publish this in February 2020..
10. Finally we discussed any forthcoming exam sessions in 2020. There is one session planned on March at Danico Enterprises, Illinois USA, and another at the Joomla Day in Chicago, USA on 17th October.
More information about forthcoming exam sessions can be found at:
The JCP Team