GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - December 12, 2018
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on December 12, 2018 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Sander Potjer, Roland Dalmulder, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos.
Apologies: Yves Hoppe, Reino Koho.
- Luca shared with the team an update regarding the involvement of Joomla! Compliance Team to the Cross-CMS Privacy / Compliance Initiative. People from WordPress, Umbraco, Typo3 that requested access to the Cross-CMS Privacy / Compliance group on Glip have been added to the Glip team and it is expected to have also people form Drupal. The team is more than happy to host of the channels and repositories, embracing the idea that has been launched by Chris Teitzel and Heather Burns at a Drupal Conference.
- Sander and Roland shared an update on their work regarding the SSO. The team faced some unexpected issues moving from the local environment to the Joomla server. Thus, the re-configure phase in the middle has delayed the launch of the first demo.
- Roland shared with the team some of the users’ authentication challenges to be discussed based on the way for a more secure, robust and flexible result.
- A lot of comments have been collected to the Backup Policy doc through the review process. The team would like to acknowledge the contribution of Michael Babker in this procedure. Achilleas proposed that based on the already comments, an updated version of the doc will be created and shared again to within the same reviewers, in order to produce and share with the Webmasters a final updated Backup Policy.
- Alkaios will follow the communication with Michael Babker regarding the Cookie Script implementation through the team’s common channel with Michael.
- During the past week, Reino has started to review the proposed topics for JCM articles through the task board of the team. His focus is currently the “data minimization” topic.
Next meeting will take place on December 19, 2018 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
Meeting ends after 65 minutes.