JED Team Meeting - May 31st, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on May 31st, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Dénes Székely, Jaz Parkyn, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, and Troy Hall.
Absent: Daniel Dubois.
JED Server Security Incident
After the May security incident, we are implementing the final tasks to prevent future cases. The Stage site is completely independent and the CI infrastructure is going to be based on simple git hooks. Each node running its own deploying process. Jenkins CI is no longer part of the architecture. In the future, we'll continue the efforts to isolate sites and services to reduce security dependencies/accesses.
Security notification to change the site password has been sent to all users. Inactive users will be removed within 6 months. Bounces are going to be unsubscribed as a first step.
Plans for 2019
- JED Full-Text Search - Homepage Instant Search - COMPLETED 100%
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
- Account / "Delete account" button
- IP Detective Checkup
- JED Checker Online (Based on RIPS / SonarQube)
- JED4 Design Updates
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style)
- JED4 (2019 Q4-2020)
- GDPR Part2
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- We have discussed a case related to a reported developer.
New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
We are planning a workflow reorganization and the implementation of a new ticketing system. For more information: Ticketing System 2019
The new support processes would be:
- Extension Support
- Review Support
JED 4 Project
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks. To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
- Project Timeline Update: we are assessing the timeline to keep it in sync with Joomla 4 release and the latest roadmap updates: https://developer.joomla.org/news/776-joomla-4-is-on-the-horizon-alpha-8.html
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.