By Luca Marzo on 2020-03-22 15:27 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: March 12, 2020
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 30 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Marco Dings (Elected Director).

Apologies:

Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director).

Proxies:

Luca Marzo served as proxy for Hugh Douglas-Smith.
Jaz Parkyn served as proxy for Djamel Kherbi.
Brian Mitchell served as proxy for Harald Leithner.

Discussion outline

President

  • Rowan met with Alex Koff in Washington DC. Informed him of possible upcoming ByLaws changes asked for any foreseen trademark or other costs coming up.  Very little in the near future that is expected.

  • Rowan met with Carrie and worked on a strategy for bringing in sponsorships. Made a plan for hosting directory to launch at Cloud Talks Global and for her to circle back to warm leads that have not been followed up yet.

  • Rowan met with Daniele in NYC. She confirmed that Delaware was an ideal state to form a 501 due to NY’s restrictive and expensive rules around 501’s in their state.  

  • Rowan met with potential sponsors to further discussions from Miami.

  • Rowan met with Olivier Buissard from JQueryEasy

  • Rowan met with a journalist with a view to getting us more media attention.

Treasurer

  • Brian shared the current bank balances.

  • Brian shared with the Board the complete list of reimbursement requests.

  • Brian asked for suggestions and feedback from Rowan on how to start the budgeting process. Rowan explained the methodology used the past years.

  • Rowan to create a live spreadsheet for the Budget 2020/21.

  • Rowan to share also the YTD budget spreadsheets by department.

  • Rowan to provide Forum For the Future latest invoices.

Production Department

  • Beta blockers are “extended” with action holders and estimations following last week's Production Department meeting.

Legal & Finance Department

  • Hugh has reached out to all of the team leads to understand more about where we are and what is happening within the Legal & Finance group.

  • Hugh has made a start on a framework for the Code of Conflict process, hope to have a draft of this available for the next board meeting, this can then feed into how we might use an outside agency.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Eric requested information on how to allocate budget to marketing campaigns and social media campaigns.

  • According to the last meeting motion, Eric appointed Sandra Decoux as Marketing & Communications Assistant to the Department Coordinator.

  • Eric proposed to engage with all team leaders across the Departments to check the progress since the Forum for the Future.

  • Eric proposed to engage with all Departments to check the readiness and the plans for Joomla 4.

  • [Joomla 4 Landing Page] The new sub team led by Josean is making great progress on the landing page. They are following the Landing Page strategy established and approved in February 2017 as well as the Marketing Strategy.
    As agreed, the landing page is being built with Joomla 4 and an exclusive template (created for and used only on the J4 landing page), following the design provided by Chiara, with the help of Lili (design approved by the department and Release Lead in Summer 2017). This exclusive template is developed by Roberto Segura, using TailWind.
    Report available: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/joomla-4-marketing-team/reports/1186-joomla-4-marketing-team-meeting-4th-march-2020

Events Department

  • CMS Summit Africa has been cancelled due to COVID-19.

  • JoomlaDay France is postponed, due to the propagation  of COVID 19 in Europe.

  • Events Department monthly meeting scheduled for March 18, 2020.

Operations Department

  • Operations Department Coordination Initial Report has been published

  • Meeting of department leaders was organised yesterday (Report will follow soon). Team leaders from JED, Forum, VPT were present. In the previous meeting Rowan, Hugh and Anibal were present.

  • All present team leaders were informed about department wide Google drive and all agreed to use it from now on. Other (absent) team leaders are going to be informed soon.

  • Wilco created a survey based on a document previously created by Hugh. It will be sent to all teams soon.

  • VET membership: Radek passed Jaz’s request to team leaders. All meeting’s participants suggested using the appropriate point of contacts instead.

  • General request to all department’s team leaders: please keep all data in VP up to date. The data is used to adjust permissions project-wide. We have found several irregularities due to outdated data.

  • General request to all department’s team leaders: please hold regular elections according to our bylaws. The VP team is currently implementing a reminder function to help all leaders to comply with this requirement. 

  • Department Teams are working on creating guidelines which defines when, why and how new and/or existing Joomla Properties are structured

  • There was a proposal to create a separate team which would take care of the infrastructure. The Department Leadership all agreed that it is not necessary. Instead we are going to try to find more people for those tasks however the responsibility of it will stay within the Webmaster Team

  • The Department Leadership discussed a proposition to replace the forum software. We all agreed that this step is not necessary. Especially considering the cost of the migration.

  • It has been proposed to merge the VEL team directly into the JED team. Anibal is going to discuss with all affected members.

  • The Department Leadership discussed the possibility to merge the webmaster documentation and guidelines into the main website.

  • Operations Department Leadership will meet on a monthly basis.

Programs Department

  • No major updates since last week.

  • The Forum for the Future Engagement Stream catch up meeting is tomorrow.

Secretary

Other business

  • [Conflict Resolution] The Ombudsman notified the offended party and the offending party about the recommendation and the decision of OSM.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2020/034 - Approve the proposal to use 1Password as Credential Vault and replace the current Vault software.
Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Luca Marzo
The motion passed with majority consent and 1 vote against (Harald Leithner).

#2020/035 - Archive the content of lists.joomla.org and dismiss the subdomain lists.joomla.org as it is not used anymore.
Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Djamel Kherbi
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2020/036 - Create a permanent (301) redirect of ideas.joomla.org to forum.joomla.org.
Proposed by Radek Suski, seconded by Luca Marzo
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2020/037 - Approve the Secure Data Management Corporate Policy document and adopt it as an official Corporate Policy.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Eric Lamy.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2020/038 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meeting.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2020/033 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.
Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.
The motion passed with unanimous consent.