Production Dept. Meeting April 07, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-04-07 23:00 in Production

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTESApril 07, 2020 1900 CEST, UTC+2  Event time TZ   DETAILS Duration: 120min Participants: David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader) Absent with notice: Carlos Cámara (Team...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting April 07, 2020

Admin Tasks

By Karen Dunne on 2020-04-07 16:03 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  March 24-April 7, 2020

 One new approval Approvals total: 449
 
Topics Setting up Karen for admin access on JRD site.  Review of components and database errors On the call: Karen Richard Deb Zehn Next meeting: April 21, 2020  

Read more: Admin Tasks

Downloads Google Ads Campaign 2020

By Sandra Decoux on 2020-04-05 07:21 in Marketing Team

Sandra Decoux and Eric Lamy held a 2-hour meeting on Friday 3rd April to finish setting up the multilingual Google Ads campaign to promote the Downloads site. The campaigns have been published between the 3rd and 5th April. Details The campaign is available in 8 languages: Deutsch (8 countries targeted) Dutch (5 countries targeted) English  (24 countries targeted) French  (29 countries targeted) Italian  (3 countries targeted) Portuguese  (5 countries...

Read more: Downloads Google Ads Campaign 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 3, 2020

By Jacob Waisner on 2020-04-04 23:10 in Bug Squad

Date: April 03, 2020 Time: 19:10 CET Total time of meeting: 2 hours Attendees: Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Astrid Guenther, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jean-Marie Simonet, Quy Ton, Jacob Waisner   Discussion outline              During this meeting the focus was the Bug Tracking process draft and working through the document as a team to ensure that it is refined and clear.   Bug Tracking Document   *Revisited...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 3, 2020

Pizza Bugs and Fun, without the Pizza. The start

By Philip Walton on 2020-04-04 19:17 in CMS Release Team

The idea for the event came out of a Production meeting on the 24th March and was suggested by Bug Squad team lead Nicola Galganosuggested that while in lockdown we should do a mini PBF. Unfortunately, my microphone was on and I coughed in the tumbleweed silence that followed Marcos Dings request for someone to work on the event. I was involved with the last PBF in the background doing the translation for the PBF site so agreed I would take it under the Production/CMS release team...

Read more: Pizza Bugs and Fun, without the Pizza. The start

[ April 2, 2020 ] Operations Department Meeting Minutes

By Radek Suski on 2020-04-03 10:07 in Operations

Operations Department Meeting April 2, 2020 - 18:00 - 19:00 UTC   Participants: Radek Suski, Wilco Alsemgeest, Olaf Offick, Sander Potjer, Anibal Sanchez, Sebastian Lapoux, Deb Cinkus, Karen Dunne  Discussion points:    Survey: all participants have been reminded about the department survey.    Community Magazine: the new version of the magazine has been launched. Luca Marzo is working to make the team an official again and is looking for a new...

Read more: [ April 2, 2020 ] Operations Department Meeting Minutes

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 26, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-04-03 09:21 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: March 26, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 35 minutes Attendees: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Marco Dings (Director), Harald Leithner (Outgoing Director). Apologies: - Proxies: Jaz Parkyn served as proxy for Eric...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 26, 2020

Social Media team - update April 2020

By Hans van der Meer on 2020-04-02 22:06 in Social Media Team

There has a lot of chat in our SMT channel this last period, especially about asking how everyone is doing in the COVID-19 crisis. Luckily all of our team members are still well and we hope all other Joomlers are safe. Next to the normal doing our posts on all channels there are some discussions and posts that we don't have every week. Here is a summury: At the time the world lockdowns we created a post for Covid19 reminding Joomlers to stay home and safe Discussed on how we can post...

Read more: Social Media team - update April 2020

April 2020

By Sebastien Lapoux on 2020-04-02 08:39 in Showcase Directory Team

Migration to new ad server: issue with square format Keep up to date site items (804) in regards of use of Joomla technology or not -> get the information about the tool https://github.com/SIWECOS/Version-Scanner Recent new feature about Case Studies. How to increase “case studies” submissions https://showcase.joomla.org/case-studies.html? Do we have to restrict only to httpS sites? votes done with the Webmaster Team https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/webmasters-team...

Read more: April 2020

Operations Department Coordination Report - April 1st 2020

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-04-01 20:11 in Operations

General: This report is an update on the report published on March 9th, 2020. (https://volunteers.joomla.org/departments/operations/reports/1189-operations-department-coordination-report-march-9t)It's about the actions performed, discussed and planned since the last report, therefore it's advised to read the preceding report, to fully understand this report. Webmasters Team structure: We have analysed the purpose of the team, the members, the responsibilities and other aspects, which...

Read more: Operations Department Coordination Report - April 1st 2020

March 25, 2020 Events Department meeting report

By Djamel Kherbi on 2020-03-31 18:09 in Events

Participants: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Djamel Kherbi, David Aswani, Brian Ronnow. Apologies:  Carlos Camara. Total time of the meeting : 40 minutes The Events department held its monthly  meeting where the following items were discussed.   Main topic of discussion was around the  new rules to allow Virtual user groups, the rules have been drafted,  Joomla user group rules for submission will be updated on the Joomla documentation website. Joomla user groups who...

Read more: March 25, 2020 Events Department meeting report

Forum Meeting 30/3/2020

By Olaf Offick on 2020-03-30 13:12 in Forum Team

+ Forum Team Lead Nominations, Assistant Team Lead Nominations + Ken left the Global Forum Moderator team, we thank him for his time and effort over many years, and we wish him all the best for the future + Working on adding users to the Global Moderator Team + Additional Discussion about General Forum Issues + Issue with Banning Users through the MCP (Olaf will look into that) + Next Meeting: Monday 27th Apr 2020

Read more: Forum Meeting 30/3/2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - March 27, 2020

By Nicola Galgano on 2020-03-30 05:55 in Bug Squad

Date: March 27, 2020 Time: 19:05 CET Total time of meeting: 1 ½ hours Attendees: Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Astrid Guenther, Troy Hall, Harald Leithner, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, SharkyKZ, Jean-Marie Simonet, Quy Ton, Jacob Waisner,Tobias Zulauf   Discussion outline              We were requested as a Team to answer a survey from the Professionalism Committee  about a Task & Project management solution(s). After an...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - March 27, 2020

JED Team Meeting - March 27th, 2020

By Anibal Sanchez on 2020-03-27 18:08 in Extensions Directory Team

The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on March 27th, 2020, at 15hs UTC, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Carlos Cámara, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, and Mark Lee. Absent: Dénes Székely, Daniel Dubois,Tony Partridge and Troy Hall. Team Organization We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. With the addition of new members,...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - March 27th, 2020

FftF: Re-Engage & Re-Ignite Stream Updates - 13th March 2020

By Jaz Parkyn on 2020-03-25 16:58 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Participants: Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Davide Messia, Jaz Parkyn, Brain MitchellApologies: Darek Snieg, Guillermo Bravo, Laura Gordon Detailed information about each of the below proposals can be found here: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/volunteer-engagement-team/reports/1156-forum-for-the-future-re-engage-re-ignite-stream-re Proposal 1: Call to Actions on joomla.org homepage Following conversations with the Marketing teams, the proposal has been re-worked and is now looking to...

Read more: FftF: Re-Engage & Re-Ignite Stream Updates - 13th March 2020

Production Dept. Meeting - March 24, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-03-24 18:00 in Production

Production Department Meeting Agenda March 24, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC  Participants: Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Harald Leithner (Release Lead),  Philip Walton (Team Leader), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead), George Wilson (Release Lead)   Apologies:  David Jardin (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), Mike...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting - March 24, 2020

Mapping Solution

By Karen Dunne on 2020-03-24 16:18 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  March 11- 24, 2020 
Approvals total: 448
 Topics Map solution: Dependency is either going to be custom code or a third party application. My Maps component by JoomUnited solves the mapping problem without added bloat. Solves all complex problems in regard to mapping which will allow us to move on. Decision made to move forward with trying the map portion of the directory. Brian will demo. On the call: Karen Richard Brian Deb Zehn Next...

Read more: Mapping Solution

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 12, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-03-22 15:27 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: March 12, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 30 minutes Attendees: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Marco Dings (Elected Director). Apologies: Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director). Proxies: Luca Marzo served as proxy for Hugh...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 12, 2020

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 05, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-03-13 08:49 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: March 05, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 2 hours 5 minutes Attendees: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Marco Dings (Elected Director) Apologies: Eric Lamy (Director) Proxies: Hugh Douglas-Smith for Jaz Parkyn from...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 05, 2020

Operations Department Meeting Minutes - 2020-03-11

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-03-12 22:50 in Operations

MinutesOperations Department MeetingMarch 11, 2020 - 15:00-16:30 UTC Participants: Radek Suski, Wilco Alsemgeest, Olaf Offick, Sander Potjer Anibal SanchezApologies: Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, Sebastian Lapoux, Deb Cinkus, Luca Marzo Discussion points:  General: Operations Google Drive folderThis folder is for the DC, TL & ATL of all teams within Operations.A sub-folder can be created per team with specific access for the team members. Request has been made to all team leaders to...

Read more: Operations Department Meeting Minutes - 2020-03-11

JAT Team Meeting, March 10th 2020

By Carlos Cámara on 2020-03-11 17:37 in Joomla Accessibility Team

Atendeess: Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), Donato Matturro (Member), Marco Dings (Member), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Contributor), Vito Disimino (Contributor), Davide Messia (Member) Luca Marzo (OSM Secretary), Stefan Wajda (Member), Justyna Michallek (Member) Apologies: Harald (Department coordinator), Ray Selby (Contributor), Berges Yannick (Contributor), Armen Mnatsian (Contributor) Discussion outline Justyna had to resign from his current position, so we need to choose an assistant...

Read more: JAT Team Meeting, March 10th 2020

Listing Renewal Workflow

By Karen Dunne on 2020-03-10 20:20 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  
February 19 - March 10, 2019

 Approvals total: 448 
Topics Reviewed campaign workflow and email notifications for listing verification.  Reviewed mapping extension options such as JoomUnited and Nordmograph On the call: Karen Richard Brian Next meeting: March 24, 2020     

Read more: Listing Renewal Workflow

Production Dept. Meeting - March 10, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-03-10 08:41 in Production

Production Department Meeting Agenda March 10, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC  Duration: 80 minutes Participants: Harald Leithner (Department Coordinator), David Jardin (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader),  Philip Walton (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Team Leader), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead), Mike Brandner (Team Leader)   Apologies:  Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Nicola...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting - March 10, 2020

VET Meeting - 2nd March 2020

By Davide Messia on 2020-03-09 22:23 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Minutes Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting Agenda  March 2nd, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC Scheduled length of time: 1 hour Participants: Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Darek Śnieg, Davide Messia , Jaz Parkyn, Laura Gordon, Vikas Pisal, Brian Mitchell, Justina Michallek Apologies: Niels Braczek, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Luca Marzo, David Aswani, Daniel Dubois, Marco Dings, Eric Lamy.Discussion points: Pizza, Bugs and Fun (PBF) Involve JUG organisers to help raise awareness and increase...

Read more: VET Meeting - 2nd March 2020

Operations Department Coordination Report - March 9th, 2020

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-03-09 12:10 in Operations

General: On February 17th, 2020 the Elections results for Joomla Group 2 were published. For Operations this meant that Radek Suski took over the role from Hugh Douglas-Smith, who took the responsibility over the Legal & Finance Department. Radek and Hugh have been working hard for a week to do a complete handover on the ongoing task, information sharing and other important actions, which made it possible for both parties to start on the new role on February 24, 2020. As allowed within...

Read more: Operations Department Coordination Report - March 9th, 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - March 06, 2020

By Nicola Galgano on 2020-03-09 07:07 in Bug Squad

Date: March 06, 2020 Time: 19:05 CET Total time of meeting: 1 ½ hours Attendees: Sandra Decoux, Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Astrid Guenther, Troy Hall, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, SharkyKZ, Jean-Marie Simonet, Quy Ton, Jacob Waisner Discussion outline Current Status We have made some progress with 144 closed issues 66 new issues since last month. We have discussed that the area of focus is JavaScript with the new issues coming in and could use additional volunteers that are...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - March 06, 2020

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - February 27, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-03-07 15:47 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: February 27, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 50 minutes Attendees: Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Harald Leithner (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director).Marco Dings (Elected Director), Radek Suski (Elected Director). Apologies: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director) Jason Nickerson (Director) on...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - February 27, 2020

Joomla! 4 Marketing Team meeting - 4th March 2020

By Andrea Gentil on 2020-03-04 16:28 in Joomla 4 Marketing Team

In attendance: Josean Telleria, Roberto Segura, Andrea Gentil Discussion Outline Roberto: Create a list of things needed to implement the current design, Create a prototype so we can start working on it and then replace it with cms content or whatever is the source of data, Check with Sandra any limitations on tools to be used for the implementation. Josean: Send Roberto images, icons, and anything to implement the design, Start designing the first newsletter for Joomla...

Read more: Joomla! 4 Marketing Team meeting - 4th March 2020

GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - February 26, 2020

By Achilleas Papageorgiou on 2020-03-03 14:58 in Compliance Team

This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on February 26, 2020, at 16.30 CET on Glip. Participants In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Roland Dalmulder, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos, Donata Kalnenaite. The minutes below also include the updates that were shared through a shorter (85 mins) meeting on 12/02. Discussion outline Luca shared with Donata the situation that exists in some of the legal agreements/contracts that the project maintains with...

Read more: GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - February 26, 2020

Certification Program: team meeting - February 26th 2020.

By Chris Keen on 2020-02-29 18:02 in Certification Team

The meeting started at 20:00 (CET). Particpants: Attendees: Andrea Gentil, Jereon Moolenschot, Wilco Alsemgeest, Luca Marzo and Chris Keen. Guest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) - not online.Absent:  General points 1. Election results. The team briefly discussed the recent election results and the upcoming elections for the Vice President and Treasurer.2. FftF initiative for a Content Manager exam. Laura Gordon and Chris Keen have written a first draft of a...

Read more: Certification Program: team meeting - February 26th 2020.