April 2020 Report

By Carlos Cámara on 2020-05-07 13:55 in Joomla Accessibility Team

This report is the  result of a new workflow to handle issues and discussions in the team and it's been worked from April 15th till april 30th. Participants: Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Contributor), Vito Disimino (Contributor), Davide Messia (Member), Stefan Wajda (Member) Topics New workflow Team meetings have been handled in Glip written chat since some time ago to accomodate them to everyone and give every team member the chance to express their...

Read more: April 2020 Report

Production Dept. Meeting - May 5th, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-05-05 23:59 in Production

Production Dept. Meeting AGENDA 2020-05-051900 CEST, 1700 UTC+1  Event time TZ   DETAILS Scheduled duration: 45minDuration: 105minParticipants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting - May 5th, 2020

Working Session

By Karen Dunne on 2020-05-05 16:04 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  April 22 - May 5, 2020 Three submissions, none approved.  Approvals total:  449 
Topics Status on how to verify provider listings Maps component usage; working session for a mapping solution On the call: Karen Richard Deb Brian Next meeting: May 19, 2020

Read more: Working Session

VET: monthly team meeting - 27th April 2020

By Davide Messia on 2020-05-04 14:40 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting April 27th, 2020 at 17:00:00  UTC Scheduled length of time: 1 hour Participants:  Davide Messia (TL), Chris Keen (ATL), Marco Dings, Laura Gordon, Jaz Parkyn, Luca Marzo, Derek Snieg, Benjamin Trenkle, Marco Dings, David Aswani. Apologies:  Vikas Pisal Discussion points:   Davide : a kind but important remember that we are representing Joomla!.        Please use and encourage polite language...

Read more: VET: monthly team meeting - 27th April 2020

Downloads Google ads campaign - May 1st 2020 Report

By Sandra Decoux on 2020-05-01 06:49 in Marketing Local Community Liaison

Tabata, Sandra and Eric launched on April 4th a Google Ads campaign to promote the Downloads site.The campaign has been set up in 8 languages. The English, Spanish and French campaigns have also Responsive search ad set up. Here are some first stats, from April 4th to April 20th. Clicks and Impressions Number of clicks per campaign Number of visitors on the site The campaigns allowed to increase the number of users visiting the site compared to the previous period. Paid search...

Read more: Downloads Google ads campaign - May 1st 2020 Report

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - April 23, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-04-30 11:14 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: April 23, 2020Time: 17:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 15 minutes Attendees: Brian Mitchell (President), Elisa Foltyn (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Radek Suski (Director). Apologies: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (Treasurer), Eric Lamy (Director). Proxies: Luca Marzo served as proxy for Rowan Hoskyns...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - April 23, 2020

2020-04 - Meeting / Report minutes

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-04-30 08:50 in Webmasters Team

Information:The webmasters team mainly consist of leaders and liaisons from other teams, with the purpose to effectively work together on all aspects of our properties and infrastructure.The team meets as much as needed, because managing the properties is a daily task and communication is done through Glip, Mails and ADoodle. Our reports will include general information, actions performed and motions taken over a period of time.The reports will not be about just one meeting which is planned...

Read more: 2020-04 - Meeting / Report minutes

Forum Meeting 27/4/2020

By Olaf Offick on 2020-04-27 09:53 in Forum Team

Discussions about adding additional Team Members to the Global Moderator Forum Initial Discussion about adding a General Support Moderator/Local Moderator Team Meeting Both Toivo's and Olaf's Term as Assistant Team Leader, and Team leader are confirmed for another year Issue with Forum emails going to Spam is fixed.

Read more: Forum Meeting 27/4/2020

JED Team Meeting - April 24th, 2020

By Anibal Sanchez on 2020-04-24 14:05 in Extensions Directory Team

The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on April 24th, 2020, at 14hs UTC, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Carlos Cámara, Dénes Székely, Jaz Parkyn, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, Tobias Zulauf and Wilco Alsemgeest (Assistant to the Department Coordinator). Absent: Daniel Dubois, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Tony Partridge and Troy Hall. Team Organization We are processing the queue of new extensions and...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - April 24th, 2020

JCM Meeting Report - April 22th, 2020

By Andrea Gentil on 2020-04-24 14:02 in Community Magazine Team

The meeting started at 19:00 (CEST). Participants: Luca Marzo, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Anja de Crom, Aris Ntatsis, Sandra Decoux, Ahmad Moussa, Wilco Alsemgeest, Hans van der Meer,  Andrea Gentil. Apologies: Mark Bender, Marc Dechèvre, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall Discussion outline From 9th to 16th April a vote was held on the selection of a new team leader, resulting in the election of Andrea Gentil as TL. Andrea asked Luca Marzo to be the ATL May issue: the team defined the...

Read more: JCM Meeting Report - April 22th, 2020

Production Dept. Meeting April 21, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-04-21 23:59 in Production

Production Dept. MeetingApril 21, 20201900 CEST, UTC+2  Event time TZ Scheduled duration: 45min Duration: 80min Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10)Tentative: Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader) Absent with notice: Robert Deutz...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting April 21, 2020

Working Session

By Karen Dunne on 2020-04-21 16:03 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  April 7 - 21, 2020 

No change since last meeting. One submission but declined for no Joomla experience.  Approvals total: 449
 
Topics Known error with duplicate username corrected Tabled discussion for georadius search On the call: Karen Richard Deb Zehn Richard Next meeting: May 5, 2020

Read more: Working Session

Educational Outreach Meeting 10th April 2020

By Jaz Parkyn on 2020-04-19 15:33 in Educational Outreach Working Group

In attendance: Brian Mitchell, Laura Gordon, Marco Dings, SD Williams, Chris Keen, Todd Woodward. Summary: An informal continuing conversation regarding past and present education outreach initiatives on behalf of Joomla. The conversation is open to any interested parties. We are working to curate existing resources and provide encouragement and assistance to anyone looking to improve education about Joomla. Brian opened the meeting with a question to all the attendees: why are you...

Read more: Educational Outreach Meeting 10th April 2020

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - April 09, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-04-18 09:33 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: April 09, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting:  1 hour 35 minutes Attendees: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Radek Suski (Director). Apologies: - Proxies: - Discussion outline President Rowan provided the complete...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - April 09, 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 17, 2020

By Nicola Galgano on 2020-04-18 06:32 in Bug Squad

Date: April 17, 2020 Time: 19:10 CET Total time of meeting: 2 hours Attendees: Sandra Decoux, Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Harald Leithner,Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jean-Marie Simonet, SharkyKZ, Jacob Waisner, Ciaran Walsh,    Discussion outline              During this meeting we discussed the following topics: Progress toward J4 Beta and current tasks that need prioritized Draft Bug Tracking Document Updates and...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 17, 2020

VET: monthly team meeting - 7th April 2020

By Chris Keen on 2020-04-15 18:22 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting  April 7th, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC Scheduled length of time: 1 hour Participants: Chris Keen, Marco Dings, Niels Braczek, Laura Gordon Apologies: Davide Messia , Jaz Parky, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Luca Marzo, Eric Lamy, Vikas Pisal, Andrea GentilDiscussion points: Community Engagement Survey: In 2017, Joomla partnered with Peakon (UK company) to hold surveys into the feelings and thoughts of the community regarding various 'drivers' for...

Read more: VET: monthly team meeting - 7th April 2020

Certification Program: status update March 2020.

By Chris Keen on 2020-04-14 18:47 in Certification Team

Due to sickness and other priorities the JCP did not meet at the end March 2020 for their monthly team meeting. Through this update we want to inform the community of the current status of the JCP and any forthcoming events or actions    General points JCP 2020 sprint. We ‘planned’ to hold a sprint this spring / summer. The COVID-19 pandemic has probably made this at a physical location impossible. Also because there are no events and sponsorship, the JCP budget may be needed...

Read more: Certification Program: status update March 2020.

Programs Department Meeting - 7th April 2020

By Jaz Parkyn on 2020-04-14 14:49 in Programs

Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen Apologies: Davide Messia DC: Jaz informed the team leaders that the board will soon be starting the planning stages of preparing next year's budget and asked them to start collating any requests. JCP: The JCP team did not hold its monthly team meeting due team member availability during the current crisis. The team has still been working together and have completed an status update to be posted on VJO shortly. Due to COVID-19 all exams have...

Read more: Programs Department Meeting - 7th April 2020

Joomla! 4 Marketing Team meeting - 7th April 2020

By Andrea Gentil on 2020-04-08 10:02 in Joomla 4 Marketing Team

In attendance: Josean Telleria, Anja de Crom, Roberto Segura, George Wilson, Andrea Gentil Discussion Outline Roberto started to work on transforming the landing page PSD into a template, Josean started to work on transforming the newsletter PSD into templates for AcyMailing 6, Anja and Andrea will start with the copywriting, as there's a part about J4 benefits but also about Joomla benefits in general, The team is going to define Marketing actions oriented to developers and...

Read more: Joomla! 4 Marketing Team meeting - 7th April 2020

Production Dept. Meeting April 07, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-04-07 23:00 in Production

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTESApril 07, 2020 1900 CEST, UTC+2  Event time TZ   DETAILS Duration: 120min Participants: David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader) Absent with notice: Carlos Cámara (Team...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting April 07, 2020

Admin Tasks

By Karen Dunne on 2020-04-07 16:03 in Resource Directory Team

JRD Status:  March 24-April 7, 2020

 One new approval Approvals total: 449
 
Topics Setting up Karen for admin access on JRD site.  Review of components and database errors On the call: Karen Richard Deb Zehn Next meeting: April 21, 2020  

Read more: Admin Tasks

Downloads Google Ads Campaign 2020

By Sandra Decoux on 2020-04-05 07:21 in Marketing Team

Sandra Decoux and Eric Lamy held a 2-hour meeting on Friday 3rd April to finish setting up the multilingual Google Ads campaign to promote the Downloads site. The campaigns have been published between the 3rd and 5th April. Details The campaign is available in 8 languages: Deutsch (8 countries targeted) Dutch (5 countries targeted) English  (24 countries targeted) French  (29 countries targeted) Italian  (3 countries targeted) Portuguese  (5 countries...

Read more: Downloads Google Ads Campaign 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 3, 2020

By Jacob Waisner on 2020-04-04 23:10 in Bug Squad

Date: April 03, 2020 Time: 19:10 CET Total time of meeting: 2 hours Attendees: Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Astrid Guenther, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jean-Marie Simonet, Quy Ton, Jacob Waisner   Discussion outline              During this meeting the focus was the Bug Tracking process draft and working through the document as a team to ensure that it is refined and clear.   Bug Tracking Document   *Revisited...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - April 3, 2020

Pizza Bugs and Fun, without the Pizza. The start

By Philip Walton on 2020-04-04 19:17 in CMS Release Team

The idea for the event came out of a Production meeting on the 24th March and was suggested by Bug Squad team lead Nicola Galganosuggested that while in lockdown we should do a mini PBF. Unfortunately, my microphone was on and I coughed in the tumbleweed silence that followed Marcos Dings request for someone to work on the event. I was involved with the last PBF in the background doing the translation for the PBF site so agreed I would take it under the Production/CMS release team...

Read more: Pizza Bugs and Fun, without the Pizza. The start

[ April 2, 2020 ] Operations Department Meeting Minutes

By Radek Suski on 2020-04-03 10:07 in Operations

Operations Department Meeting April 2, 2020 - 18:00 - 19:00 UTC   Participants: Radek Suski, Wilco Alsemgeest, Olaf Offick, Sander Potjer, Anibal Sanchez, Sebastian Lapoux, Deb Cinkus, Karen Dunne  Discussion points:    Survey: all participants have been reminded about the department survey.    Community Magazine: the new version of the magazine has been launched. Luca Marzo is working to make the team an official again and is looking for a new...

Read more: [ April 2, 2020 ] Operations Department Meeting Minutes

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 26, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-04-03 09:21 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: March 26, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 35 minutes Attendees: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Brian Mitchell (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Eric Lamy (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Marco Dings (Director), Harald Leithner (Outgoing Director). Apologies: - Proxies: Jaz Parkyn served as proxy for Eric...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - March 26, 2020

Social Media team - update April 2020

By Hans van der Meer on 2020-04-02 22:06 in Social Media Team

There has a lot of chat in our SMT channel this last period, especially about asking how everyone is doing in the COVID-19 crisis. Luckily all of our team members are still well and we hope all other Joomlers are safe. Next to the normal doing our posts on all channels there are some discussions and posts that we don't have every week. Here is a summury: At the time the world lockdowns we created a post for Covid19 reminding Joomlers to stay home and safe Discussed on how we can post...

Read more: Social Media team - update April 2020

April 2020

By Sebastien Lapoux on 2020-04-02 08:39 in Showcase Directory Team

Migration to new ad server: issue with square format Keep up to date site items (804) in regards of use of Joomla technology or not -> get the information about the tool https://github.com/SIWECOS/Version-Scanner Recent new feature about Case Studies. How to increase “case studies” submissions https://showcase.joomla.org/case-studies.html? Do we have to restrict only to httpS sites? votes done with the Webmaster Team https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/webmasters-team...

Read more: April 2020

Operations Department Coordination Report - April 1st 2020

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-04-01 20:11 in Operations

General: This report is an update on the report published on March 9th, 2020. (https://volunteers.joomla.org/departments/operations/reports/1189-operations-department-coordination-report-march-9t)It's about the actions performed, discussed and planned since the last report, therefore it's advised to read the preceding report, to fully understand this report. Webmasters Team structure: We have analysed the purpose of the team, the members, the responsibilities and other aspects, which...

Read more: Operations Department Coordination Report - April 1st 2020

March 25, 2020 Events Department meeting report

By Djamel Kherbi on 2020-03-31 18:09 in Events

Participants: Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Djamel Kherbi, David Aswani, Brian Ronnow. Apologies:  Carlos Camara. Total time of the meeting : 40 minutes The Events department held its monthly  meeting where the following items were discussed.   Main topic of discussion was around the  new rules to allow Virtual user groups, the rules have been drafted,  Joomla user group rules for submission will be updated on the Joomla documentation website. Joomla user groups who...

Read more: March 25, 2020 Events Department meeting report