Publication of style guide

By Brian Teeman on 2015-08-26 12:46 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

The en-GB style guide has now been published and can be found at http://developer.joomla.org   Pull Requests etc since the last report standardise on folder - Merged PR Simplify text and Elminitate Redundancy for JLIB_RULES_SETTING_NOTES - Merged PR Batch Processing Instructions - Merged PR Toggle All Selection - menu assignment - Merged PR Rename Custom Html module to custom - Pending PR Viewlevel Access - Consistency Check - In Progress  

Read more: Publication of style guide

Joomla 4 UX Kickoff Meeting

By Crystal Dionysopoulos on 2015-08-25 16:31 in User Experience Team

Jess is going to take notes.   Team intros - who you are and where you are from Joomla! 4 Goals Marco - Joomla! 4 kick off happened at JAB from a technical perspective. UX is a very important piece of Joomla! 4. Improved UX can increase market share. Architecture sprint happened - brief overview of ideas from sprint George wants to note that this is a list of ideas from a technical perspective - if the UX team recommends something else based on our findings it...

Read more: Joomla 4 UX Kickoff Meeting

18th August 2015 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-08-23 20:33 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressAlejandro PascoliHelvecio da SilvaRowan Hoskyns AbrahallBruce Valle We talked about: 1. The directory: Next steps for Rowan and Helvecio to begin laying it out. 2. Pending listings: Didn't get any new updates since we're just waiting to hear from people on things they need to change and be reviewed again. 3. Doing listings/being involved: I brought up a couple of things that I thought might help team members to be more timely in processing new and updated...

Read more: 18th August 2015 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Framework v2 Status Update

By Private Profile 2acc0fde on 2015-08-22 15:00 in Framework Team

This serves as a generalized update on the progress of Framework version 2. PHP Support All Framework v2 packages no longer allow unit test failures on PHP 7.  Our packages have tested stable throughout the alpha and beta releases and as such all future contributions will not allow test failures to be introduced for PHP 7. For minimum supported PHP versions, the Session package has dropped support for PHP 5.3.  There are open pull requests which affect the minimum supported...

Read more: Framework v2 Status Update

CLT Meeting Minutes - August 2015

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2015-08-21 00:00 in Community Leadership Team

Participants: Ruth Cheesley, Dianne Henning, Peter Bui, Sander Potjer, David Jardin Absent: Guillermo Bravo, Alice Grevet Abbreviation Guide: CLT = Community Leadership Team http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-... -team.html JED = Joomla Extensions Directory http://extensions.joomla.org/ JRD = Joomla Resources Directory http://resources.joomla.org/ JAB = JandBeyond Conference http://jandbeyond.org/ JCM = Joomla Community Magazine...

Read more: CLT Meeting Minutes - August 2015

Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

By Private Profile 1f3a53bd on 2015-08-20 14:38 in Finance Team

Please see here for the minutes of the last Finance Team meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t44SRNTlgnjtWWGQVR4ry_Oq2VJBzPEqJEe3ynTPxwQ/edit?usp=sharing

Read more: Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

By Sander Potjer on 2015-08-19 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Sarah, Ronni, Sander, Marijke, GeorgeMissing: Alice, Chris, Pete The call for the Transition Team nominees closed on July 31. We have received a total of 18 nominations, for 10 unique persons. Thanks to all that send in nominations. The Stucture Team debated and updated the Transition Team process. Our next actions are: Transition Team Nominees Confirm all nominees by mailing them info Friday the 21st August. Ask the nominees to fill out a 10 line motivation and a picture for...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

August meeting notes

By Claire Mandville on 2015-08-13 00:00 in Vulnerable Extensions List Team

August Meeting discussion points. Adding ssl certificate to vel site, showing our reporters that we take security seriously DNS SPF and DKIM records for uplifting security and reliability of our emails VEL internal extension development Update on JIRA integration VEL API - data format suggestion: crediting reporters of vulnerabilities in listings, a  "responsible developers list" or "developer responsibility level" was also discussed.  

Read more: August meeting notes

New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

By Private Profile 3eb196c0 on 2015-08-06 22:40 in Joomla Accessibility Team

Currently there are several working groups that are building new websites for the Joomla project including, the Joomla! Site Showcase (JSS) and the Joomla! Community Magazine (JCM). A few accessibility testers have expressed interests in giving feedback and testing for these two websites when they're on testing development servers ready for accessibility testing. The working groups are looking at getting the test environments ready in August for feedback and testing.

Read more: New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-08-04 22:28 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressRuth CheesleyAlejandro PascoliBruce ValleHelvecio da Silva JUG Directory Migration Update: Updated group as to where the JUG Directory is at. Need to test functionality. Need meetup API/ID to test and twitter. All in progress. Will address a couple of potential new members this week [jenn]. Got up to date on what was happening with pending listings. Most are waiting on the JUGs to respond. Getting on top of these. Alejandro and Bruce to work with a new one...

Read more: 4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By Private Profile 92fe67b0 on 2015-07-24 16:01 in Automated Testing Team

13th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group,   wednesday 22th of July   Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Michael Babker, Niels Braczek, Robert Deutz, Yves Hoppe, Absent: Puneet Kala, David Jardin, Milton Bryant,Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Hervé Boinnard, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar, Roland Dalmulder,   Previous meeting report:...

Read more: 13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Progress on Stage 2 of updates

By Brian Teeman on 2015-07-22 17:29 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

In the last few weeks we have made a lot of progress including (but not limited to) Remove Manager and standardise on Options - Merged PR Stop using the abbreviation admin - Merged PR replace click with select - Merged PR Show Hide - Merged PR standardise on folder - Pending PR Simplify text and Elminitate Redundancy for JLIB_RULES_SETTING_NOTES - Pending PR Viewlevel Access - Consistency Check - In Progress Batch Processing Instructions - In Progress   In addition it...

Read more: Progress on Stage 2 of updates

PBF Event JDayMN15

By Private Profile 8ada61bb on 2015-07-22 06:57 in Production Leadership Team

On July 19th, 2015, a Pizza, Bugs, and Fun (PBF) event was organized at JDay Minnesota 2015. Although it was planned and announced late, we still had an attendance of 10 people. Jessica Dunbar and I spent the time training each person on the patch testing process. 7 out of 10 of the members were brand new to the process, and 1 just getting back into it again.   One of the members even spoke highly about how much she loved the process and was telling others about it.   As we...

Read more: PBF Event JDayMN15

21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-21 00:00 in User Groups Team

In Attendance: Jenn Gress I was alone so I'll summarise what I went over with myself. 1. I did speak with Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall about the JUG Directory in process. Things are coming along well. We didn't get to talk about everything and had to table our discussion for the time being. Will report more after the next meeting (4 August 2015). 2. Italy: Italy is coming along nicely. Since the last meeting I've managed to approve sixteen JUGs in Italy. Three others were combined into other...

Read more: 21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

PLT July 2015 Meeting report

By Private Profile 92fe67b0 on 2015-07-13 08:57 in Production Leadership Team

PLT meeting 6th July   # Status of Joomla 3.4.x Joomla 3.4.3 release (http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5590-joomla-3-4-3-released.html ) seems to have been pretty successful. We will likely look to make a 3.4.4 before 3.5 alpha and depending on timelines for 3.5 a 3.4.5 release.   # Status of Joomla 3.5 We need Hannes (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pulls/hackwar) to update his final Pull Request with the router improvements and after that we need to...

Read more: PLT July 2015 Meeting report

7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-09 04:27 in User Groups Team

In attendance: JennSaurabhAlejandroBrianEric Brian, Eric, and Wim were all taken through their first training session to work pending listings since the prior meeting in June. Jenn still to get in touch with Son & Bruce for training. Considered another new member. Tabled until next meeting when Ruth can update us on what needs to happen with revised FAQs and TOSs and an update on the JUG Directory project/migration. We talked about the pending listings, of which there are TONS of...

Read more: 7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

By Private Profile 92fe67b0 on 2015-07-01 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

Topics covered: Testing Code Sprint The PLT has considered to organise a Code Sprint for Testing like last year (see http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html).  Probably will happen in October, more information to be shared soon in the team.   Status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project (Kshitij & Puneet) Issue: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/6499 Puneet, Kshitij and Javier needs to review:...

Read more: 12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

By Private Profile c533cac4 on 2015-06-29 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html

Read more: Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-06-18 18:24 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressEric LamyAlejandro Pascoli We discussed the new applicants for the JUG Team and the final votes and decided to invite four of the five to the JUG Team. The fifth is new to Joomla and will be connected with a local JUG and the docs team to potentially help there and maybe in the future become a JUG Team member when he has more experience with JUGs and Joomla. We also discussed how to proceed getting the Organiser mailing list through mailchimp updated and how to...

Read more: 16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

JED Team Summit 2015

By Private Profile fcdad82e on 2015-06-17 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

Posted on the JED Blog: http://extensions.joomla.org/blog/item/jed-team-summit  

Read more: JED Team Summit 2015

2015-06-11 Marketing Team Meeting Agenda & Notes - June 11, 2015

By Private Profile 856e51e5 on 2015-06-16 15:13 in Marketing Team

Meeting Agenda & Notes can be found on : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/8pPNyZ-xNpk

Read more: 2015-06-11 Marketing Team Meeting Agenda & Notes - June 11, 2015

en-GB User Interface Text Working Group at J & Beyond

By Brian Teeman on 2015-06-11 00:00 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

During the J and Beyond Make it Happen session three of us continued the work updating and standardising the language strings. There were 20 issues identified during the session and pull requests have been issued (and committed) for most of them.  One issue identified was the archaic use of english in some of the strings and this will be addressed in the coming weeks with a fairly large pull request

Read more: en-GB User Interface Text Working Group at J & Beyond

6th May, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By KSHITIJ SHARMA on 2015-06-10 22:52 in Automated Testing Team

10th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group,   wednesday 6th of May   Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Kshitij Sharna Topics Covered in the Meeting: Kshitij and Puneet innformed about the current status of the system Test Suite and updates on the GSOC'14 project. Robert and David are working on running system tests on Docker Containers. Javier is working on writing the Codeception Tests for Weblinks extension. Javier and Puneet have created the...

Read more: 6th May, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

10th June, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By KSHITIJ SHARMA on 2015-06-10 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

11th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuag, Yves Hoppe, Valerie Isaksen Topics covered in the meeting: Welcoming new members to the group: Yves and Hervve Kshitij and Puneet innformed about the current status of the system Test Suite and updates on the GSOC'14 project. Kshitij, Puneet and Javier needs to review: pull 6764 and also run the test suite to find out if there is any error or...

Read more: 10th June, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

2 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-06-02 19:44 in User Groups Team

In attendance: JennRuthHelvecio (a bit late) We discussed listings and how many there are and how few people we have on the team working listings. Talked about a different way to assign team members new listings and listing updates as they come in so they are touched within 48 hours of receipt if at all possible. A Directory Assistant Lead would be helpful in this regard and could assign appropriate people to listings as they come in. Finding new members: we discussed putting a call out for...

Read more: 2 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

Make It Happen - JUG Directory Group

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2015-05-30 16:46 in JUG Directory Working Group

The JUG Directory Working Group ran a 'make it happen' session at J and Beyond.  The session was well attended and new group members have been added to Glip and volunteers.joomla.org. The fields required to set up the Sobi installation have been documented in notes within Glip and the team has started with populating the directory categories. There was a discussion about simplifying the process as much as possible, having a minimal form to get started and dropping the registration into...

Read more: Make It Happen - JUG Directory Group

Draft published on community.joomla.org

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2015-05-29 15:22 in Conflict Resolution Team

Today v2 of the proposed changes to the Code of conduct was published on community.joomla.org for two weeks of community feedback - http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1864-joomla-code-of-conduct-update-community-feedback.html

Read more: Draft published on community.joomla.org

Code of Conduct - Review Comments

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2015-05-26 17:06 in Conflict Resolution Team

The Code of Conduct team met today to review comments on the Google Doc by Leadership Team members. Comments were applied where relevant and the revised Code of Conduct Draft document will be shared with the community via a blog post at community.joomla.org for a period of two weeks to allow for comments and discussion, commencing Friday, 29th May 2015.

Read more: Code of Conduct - Review Comments

Code of Conduct meeting

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2015-05-15 00:00 in Conflict Resolution Team

The Code of Conduct team met to finalise the version sent to Leadership Teams for review. The document was shared on the public mailing list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-leadership/TAbwFKQsDFc for two weeks' comment, it will be sent out on a blog post for community feedback on Friday 29th May.

Read more: Code of Conduct meeting

Meeting Notes 5 May 2015

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-05-05 19:45 in User Groups Team

New team member/project volunteer application done at https://docs.google.com/a/community.joomla.org/forms/d/1UOfPwsDStWYuK25iYRN370d7b_GHNdCGBObXOMvwzkU/edit#. If JUG Team members want to get notifications of new applicants, please go to the results form and add yourself to the notifications by going to Tools and Set notifications.   Jenn to add new form and new text into volunteer.joomla.org.   Ruth to walk Eric through listing training.   Jenn to talk to Helvecio about...

Read more: Meeting Notes 5 May 2015