4th meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

By Private Profile 3ed3e09d on 2016-06-21 17:50 in GSoC 16 Improving the menu item workflow

Date: 21st Jun 2016 on Glip Chat Time: 14:30 (UTC / GMT) Meeting was attended by: Shubham Rajput, Gunjan Patel, Peter Martin, Puneet Kala   Presentation & Review done on work done last week I was hoping to use JLoader:register to call the model. But as gunjan advised to use JModelAdmin:getinstance(‘menu’) to use com_menu item model into com_content article controller to call save method or menu item. JLoaderRegister loads the whole class whereas...

Read more: 4th meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

Bi-Weekly Meeting: June 13th, 2016

By Private Profile 1ace2a3f on 2016-06-21 02:47 in Capital Team

Members in attendance: Mike D, Brian Peat Note taker: Mike D. This meeting was just a quick recap on a few things: Update on potential sponsorship deal HostingCon Updates Team Member Discussion We elected to postpone any decisions until the next meeting where more of the team could be in attendance. 

Read more: Bi-Weekly Meeting: June 13th, 2016

6th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2016 Automated Testing

By Private Profile b67e8d2f on 2016-06-16 15:27 in GSoC 16 Browser automated tests

Thursday, 16th June 2016 on Glip chat Time: 14:00 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: Prital Patel, Javier Gomez, Yves Hoppe, Niels Braczek, Puneet Kala # Previous Meeting report: 5th Meeting GSoC 16 Browser automated tests Topics ## Presentation and review on the work Prital Patel has done during the last week1. Implementing  user group and ACL scenarios of users.feature and send a separate...

Read more: 6th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2016 Automated Testing

Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 16 June, 2016

By Luca Marzo on 2016-06-16 12:44 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operations Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on June 16th, 2016 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Patrick, Jungbluth, Luca Marzo, Pablo Pantoja, Hector Mansilla, Todd Woodward, Arjen Schrijvers, Sam Suresh, Richard van Tilborg. Absents: Andre Dreier, Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Johan Van der Velde. Discussion Outline Luca reported news from Steering Meeting. OSM Board of Directors is currently reviewing contracts and...

Read more: Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 16 June, 2016

8th Meeting JavaScript Tests - Joomla! GSoC 2016

By Thanuditha Ruchiranga Wickramasinghe on 2016-06-15 16:50 in GSoC 16 JavaScript Tests

Wednesday, 15th June 2016 on Glip   Time: 8.00p.m (Colombo Sri Lanka), 4.30p.m (Munich Germany) Meeting was attended by: Ashan Fernando, Ruchiranga Wickramasinghe, Yves HoppePrevious meeting report Topics ## Reports to volunteer.joomla.org Ruchiranga will be writing the report this week.   ## Presentation and review on the work Ruchiranga has done during the last weekDuring the last week Ruchiranga finished working on the final improvements to the validate.js library and...

Read more: 8th Meeting JavaScript Tests - Joomla! GSoC 2016

3rd Meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

By Private Profile 9eb5f8de on 2016-06-14 16:41 in GSoC 16 Recording action logs

Date: 14th JuneTime: 1600 GMTAttended by: Al Walker, Llewellyn van der Merwe, Mohamed KaramReview of recent work taken place, where Mohamed has spent the past few days learning about developing components. Being new to Joomla it is his greatest challenge understanding the approach and environment. Most of the learning is taken place from his analysis of the Core framework and this week from the book “learning joomla extension development”. With Mohamed having exams for the first...

Read more: 3rd Meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

3rd meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

By Peter Martin on 2016-06-14 00:00 in GSoC 16 Improving the menu item workflow

Date: 14th Jun 2016Time: 14:30 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: Shubham Rajput, Gunjan Patel, Peter Martin * Presentation and Review on work done last week Shubham analyzed the models of /administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php and /administrator/components/com_menus/models/item.php to understand flow through models of the content and menu components. He did a PR to demonstrate that he understood the database connectivity. However, he made a mistake with that and Gunjan...

Read more: 3rd meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

5th Meeting GSoC 16 Browser automated tests

By Private Profile 92fe67b0 on 2016-06-10 15:29 in GSoC 16 Browser automated tests

Thursday, 9th June 2016 on Google Hangout Time: 14:00 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: Prital Patel, Javier Gomez, Yves Hoppe, Niels Braczek   Previous meeting report: - Topics ## volunteer.joomla.org reportsFrom now in ahead we will do a weekly working group report at https://volunteers.joomla.org/working-groups/gsoc-browser-tests#reports   ## Presentation and review on the work Prital has done during the last weekI have worked on fixing typos and improving my existing PR...

Read more: 5th Meeting GSoC 16 Browser automated tests

Improved multi-lingual content management mentor meeting notes 6th June

By Private Profile 823f510a on 2016-06-10 00:00 in GSoC 16 Improved multi-lingual content management

Meeting start: Monday 6th June 16h:00 UTC Attendees: André Pereira da Silva, Jean-Marie Simonet, Rob Clayburn Not present:Nicola Galgano (pre-arranged)    What should be considered ok for 20-27 june midterm evaluation. A Proof of Concept (PoC) (with one component with categories, ex: com_content or com_contact or com_newsfeeds) that works, but doesn't need to work flawless. Must include main list view with select and side by side view for that component. There is no...

Read more: Improved multi-lingual content management mentor meeting notes 6th June

Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 9 June, 2016

By Luca Marzo on 2016-06-09 12:58 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operations Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on June 9th, 2016 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Luca Marzo, Pablo Pantoja, Hector Mansilla, Todd Woodward, Arjen Schrijvers. Absents: Patrick Jungbluth, Andre Dreier, Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Johan Van der Velde, Sam Suresh, Richard van Tilborg. Discussion Outline Luca reported news from Steering Meeting. Exam Team provided reviewed questions to Platform Team. Sam and...

Read more: Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 9 June, 2016

7th Meeting JavaScript Tests - Joomla! GSoC 2016

By Yves Hoppe on 2016-06-08 00:00 in GSoC 16 JavaScript Tests

Wednesday, 8th June 2016 on Glip Time: 14:30 (UTC), 8.00 pm (Colombo Sri Lanka), 4.30 pm (Munich Germany) Meeting was attended by: Ashan Fernando, Ruchiranga Wickramasinghe, Yves Hoppe Topics For an overview about this Google Summer of Code project please take a look at Ruchirangas Joomla Community magazine article.  ## Presentation and review on the work Ruchiranga has done during the last week Since the last meeting Ruchiranga completed writing the tests for the validate.js...

Read more: 7th Meeting JavaScript Tests - Joomla! GSoC 2016

7 June, 2016 JUG Team Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2016-06-07 00:00 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Djamel KherbiRuth CheeselyJenn GressDuke SpeerShirat GoldsteinSarabh Shah Appologies: Bruce ValleRowan Hoskyns-AbrahallThomas KahlEric Lamy No Show: Brian RonnowAlejandro PascoliHelvecio da Silva The new JUG Directory is almost done. Looking to go live next weekend (fingers crossed). We need to revise the FAQs/Rules for Submission before going live so people have something to follow that is accurate.Need to sort out a training for JUG Team members to use the new system and...

Read more: 7 June, 2016 JUG Team Minutes

2nd meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

By Peter Martin on 2016-06-07 00:00 in GSoC 16 Improving the menu item workflow

Date: 7th Jun 2016Time: 14:30 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: Shubham Rajput, Gunjan Patel, Peter Martin, Puneet Kala * Presentation and Review on work done last week Shubham has analyzed the files of com_menu and com_content to understand the inner workings. He learned to code new fields in the list- and edit views of Articles (com_content) using Joomla’s JForms. He coded a new field Menu Title in the menu link tab. Some of the problems that Shubham faced were: Understanding...

Read more: 2nd meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

23th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group

By Yves Hoppe on 2016-06-04 06:42 in Automated Testing Team

Wednesday, 1st of June 2016 Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Niels Braczek, Yves Hoppe, Kshitij Sharma, Juan Sánchez, Francisco Javier Olivares, Juan Sánchez, Yannick Gaultier Absent: Roger Abt, Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar, Tito Alvarez, Milton Bryant, Roland Dalmulder, David Jardin, Prital Patel, Ashan Fernando, Davide Messia,  Robert Deutz, Puneet Kala, Allon Moritz, Marc Widmann,...

Read more: 23th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group

Catchup Report

By Private Profile 1ace2a3f on 2016-06-02 15:58 in Capital Team

  The capital team, although have been working, has failed to post timely reports. This report will serve on catch up since our last report. We apologize for this oversight. We have been having bi-weekly meetings regularly since JWC.   We also will commit to posting a report within one week of our standing meetings on these remaining dates in 2016:   Tuesday, June 14, 2016Tuesday, June 28, 2016Tuesday, July 12, 2016Tuesday, July 26, 2016Tuesday, August 9, 2016Tuesday,...

Read more: Catchup Report

Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 2 June, 2016

By Luca Marzo on 2016-06-02 12:50 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operations Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on June 2nd, 2016 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Patrick Jungbluth, Luca Marzo, Andre Dreier, Pablo Pantoja, Richard van Tilborg, Arjen Schrijvers. Absents: Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Todd Woodward, Johan Van der Velde, Sam Suresh, Hector Mansilla. Discussion Outline Andre shared informations received from Radek and Rowan, respectively from Joomla! Events Team and Joomla!...

Read more: Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 2 June, 2016

1st meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

By Peter Martin on 2016-05-31 00:00 in GSoC 16 Improving the menu item workflow

Date: Tue 31st May 2016Time: 14:30 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: Shubham Rajput, Gunjan Patel, Peter Martin, Puneet Kala * Meeting schedule We agreed to have weekly meetings every Tuesday at 14:30 UTC / GMT  * Community Bonding period experience Shubham had exams during community bonding period but he got to know other students selected under Joomla, some Joomla lead admins and his mentors. He attended meetings held during community bonding time from which he learned a...

Read more: 1st meeting Joomla GSoC 2016

PLT Meeting After J And Beyond 2016

By George Wilson on 2016-05-30 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

Marketing Meeting The PLT spent the first hour discussing recent developments with Mike Veeckmans (marketing lead) and discussing the next few months and how we can improve communication between PLT and marketing. Joomla 4/Joomla X/Joomla Lighthouse Marco recapped the Joomla X development over the last year starting in Prague, and then moving on in Odense, Athens and then the decision to take the clean slate approach. Some of the PLT raised concerns that 90% of the work was being done by...

Read more: PLT Meeting After J And Beyond 2016

Joomla Google Summer of Code Team Report April-May 2016

By Private Profile 95792f89 on 2016-05-29 14:59 in Google Summer of Code Joomla Team

GSoC Students were announced on 22nd April, 2016, Community bonding period got over on 23rd May. 24th May is the official coding period start date according to the program timelines.   In past few months, following has been done in each project: Scope of the project, project milestones and timelines finalized. Github projects have been setup and students have forked and starting doing PR’s, basically getting familiar with Github workflow.   We also published...

Read more: Joomla Google Summer of Code Team Report April-May 2016

JED Team Meeting Notes - 27th May 2016

By Jaz Parkyn on 2016-05-27 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Matthew Baylor, Jaz Parkyn, Luca Marzo, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Rob Clayburn, Aleksander Kuczek, Anibal Sanchez Statistics for the month of May 2016 Extensions: 89 Published, 40 Pending Fix/Initial screening Tickets: 185 Processed, 61 Pending User Reply,  47 New Reviews: 635 Submitted Amendments to JED Extension Submission and Approval Processes Upon...

Read more: JED Team Meeting Notes - 27th May 2016

Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 26 May, 2016

By Luca Marzo on 2016-05-26 13:27 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operations Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on May 26th, 2016 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Patrick Jungbluth, Luca Marzo, Andre Dreier, Todd Woodward, Pablo Pantoja, Richard van Tilborg. Absents: Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Johan Van der Velde, Sam Suresh, Arjen Schrijvers, Hector Mansilla. Discussion Outline Patrick and Luca reported news from the Make It Happen session at JandBeyond last week. At JaB, the...

Read more: Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 26 May, 2016

Minutes of the SEO Team meeting 25th May 2016

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2016-05-25 17:22 in Joomla! Optimisation Team

Attendees Ruth Cheesley, Andrés Maeso Broncano, Chris Wagner Apologies Mike Veeckmans, Elisa Foltyn, Soren Beck-Jensen Topics to discuss: Sites of interest Ruth has compiled a list of sites that we need to focus on which have public-facing assets.  The team will check the annotations to ensure they are all of interest, and will prioritise which need attention Ruth to prepare contact list for team lead of each domain to act as a point of...

Read more: Minutes of the SEO Team meeting 25th May 2016

Make it Happen JaB16: Joomla! Certification Team

By Sam Suresh on 2016-05-22 21:04 in Certification Platform Team

The Joomla! certification team worked on several issues during make it happen session at JandBeyond Conference 2016, Barcelona Spain. Team members present are;Sam Suresh (Certification Platform Team)Nicolas Clavarie (Certification Platform Team)Patrick Jungbluth (Certification Operation Team)Luca Marzo (Certification Operation Team)Anja Hage (Certification Exam Team)The platform team worked on Certified User Directory, PDF Certificate generation and question results role based access. We made...

Read more: Make it Happen JaB16: Joomla! Certification Team

Make it happen 2016 report of the Joomla Automated Testing Working Group

By Private Profile 92fe67b0 on 2016-05-22 12:37 in Automated Testing Team

  Yesterday afternoon several community members gather to participate at the Make It Happen session at JandBeyond event ( http://jandbeyond.org/programme.html?view=session&id=346&return=L3Byb2dyYW1tZS5odG1s ).   The session was coordinated by Jelle Kok, Yves Hoppe and myself, Javier Gómez. The goal of the session was to help setting up the machines for testing of the new members of the team. And afterwards, the new members worked on creating their first acceptance...

Read more: Make it happen 2016 report of the Joomla Automated Testing Working Group

Minutes of the first meeting of the SEO Team - 20th May 2016

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2016-05-20 00:00 in Joomla! Optimisation Team

Today the SEO team had its first meeting at JAB Barcelona. Attendees: Ruth Cheesley, Soren Beck-Jensen, Andrés Maeso Broncano We discussed the vision for the team being: To support the Joomla project in ensuring that the official websites we own and manage are properly optimised To assist with identifying existing problems and developing strategies for addressing them To monitor relevant SEO metrics To support teams with planning new web-based projects, migrations and...

Read more: Minutes of the first meeting of the SEO Team - 20th May 2016

17th May 2016 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Private Profile 0adfdec2 on 2016-05-17 00:00 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn Gress, Ruth Cheesley, Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, Djamel Kherbi, Helvecio Da Silva Apologies: Duke Speer, Thomas Kahl No-Show: Eric Lamy, Saurabh Shah, Alejandro Pascoli, Bruce Valle, Brian Ronnow, Shirat Goldstein, Michelle Bisson, Marco Richter Meeting started on time Listings Working through the directory migration so no listings to process. Rowan - update on progress Migration and cleanup of users is pretty much done Ticket created when the JUG...

Read more: 17th May 2016 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 12 May, 2016

By Luca Marzo on 2016-05-12 15:00 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operation Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on May 12th, 2016 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Luca Marzo, Todd Woodward, Richard van Tilborg, Pablo Pantoja, Hector Mansilla. Absents: Patrick Jungbluth, Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Johan Van der Velde, Sam Suresh, Arjen Schrijvers, Andre Dreier. Discussion Outline Luca reported news from the Steering Meeting. Team members took the Exam Pilot Test until May 10 and sent...

Read more: Certification Operations Team - Meeting Notes - 12 May, 2016

Informal May Meeting

By Brian Teeman on 2016-05-10 08:55 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

Several issues were discussed during the recent code cleanup sprint in Manchester. We decided not to proceed any further with the idea to change the terminology for ACL and Viewing Levels as it is too big a change after all these years. Peter Martin suggested that we produce a guideline for structured naming of language variables and we will work on this over the next few weeks. During JAB it is intended to have a make it happen session to review the search tooltips and hopefully some other...

Read more: Informal May Meeting

JUX Team Report May 6th 2016

By Private Profile 60f01f57 on 2016-05-07 00:00 in User Experience Team

Over the past month we've had several meetings and collaborated with several other working groups. With the recent changes in the release schedule and J & Beyond coming quickly, our primary focus right now is research and planning, along with team administration. Our hope is that our progress and findings will generate more community support for our efforts at the J & Beyond conference. Due to the overwhelming response to our team efforts and call for volunteers, we are still sorting...

Read more: JUX Team Report May 6th 2016

Joomla!X News, Week 18

By Niels Braczek on 2016-05-05 16:14 in Joomla X Architecture

The Doctrine storage handler is making progress (PR#85). Development of the first horizontal component (Workflow) has started. It will add a state field (publish, unpublish, archive, trash, publish_up, and publish_down) to a vertical component. For the creation of API and CLI entry points, a test environment was set up using Docker and Behat. It will get published after the Behat tests have been moved to the new Codeception 2.2, which now also supports Gherkin (an executable feature...

Read more: Joomla!X News, Week 18