8th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (06/07/2017)

By Private Profile 6f5413ab on 2017-08-07 11:38 in GSoC 17 PR testing Platform

Time: 06/07/2017,  15:00 UTC Meeting Topics: Progress so far Devilbox and the multi-container environment Next steps Meeting Attended by: Ashan Fernando, Niels Braczek, Ricardo Fusco Summary Progress so far Having managed to have Jenkins working on the server and successfully setup to build any incoming PRs/commits the focus next is going to shift to the multi-container environment. A few days ago Niels mentioned a tool he found which was a LAMP and MEAN...

Read more: 8th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (06/07/2017)

Community Translation Team - August 8th, 2017

By Private Profile 54576609 on 2017-08-07 06:01 in Community Translation Team

Attendees: Sandra & Marc-Antoine Thevenet   During the last weeks, the team/translators have been really active, even if it’s holiday season.     Sandra contacted privately during the past 3 weeks many translators in order to get the Downloads site 100% translated as a new section about our official extensions has been published and new strings needed to be translated. So far, it has been translated into  35 languages. Downloads website has been published...

Read more: Community Translation Team - August 8th, 2017

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - August 03, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-08-06 08:30 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: August 03, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 36 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director). Apologies: Peter Martin (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director). Discussion outline Production Department...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - August 03, 2017

Joomla! 3.8 Landing Page - Report August 4, 2017

By Sandra Decoux on 2017-08-04 14:39 in Marketing Product Release Management Team

Sandra Thevenet is building the landing page for the Joomla! 3.8 release at the repository.As decided, the template of Joomla! 3.7 landing page is used, as well as the main features of Joomla! 3.7.   The main features to present have been provided by Michael Babker. The copywriting in English is ready and has been reviewed by Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Ufuk Avcu, Yves Hoppe and Michael Babker.   Lili is working on the new icons for the site.   Sandra will merge the text to...

Read more: Joomla! 3.8 Landing Page - Report August 4, 2017

VET - Kickoff Meeting

By Private Profile 3aaed27d on 2017-08-04 07:34 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team (VET) Date: 28 July 2017 - Time: 3:00 pm UTCParticipants: Viktor Vogel, Yves Hoppe, Sandra Thevenet, Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, Luca Marzo, Kickoff Meeting Agenda Introduction – meet your new best buds Project – why are we doing this? Scope – what are we doing? Approach – how are we going to make this happen? Roles – who is doing what? Teamwork – how are we going to work together? Next – how do we keep momentum? Tasks - Important tasks Discussion...

Read more: VET - Kickoff Meeting

Marketing & Communication Department Report from 3rd August 2017

By Radek Suski on 2017-08-03 08:17 in Marketing & Communication

The Marketing Team is preparing for promoting Joomla! 3.8. There will be a blog post on th main page, banner ads and interviews with lead developers. Parth organize a group Video. Sandra is preparing new landing page. New icons for the laning page ar necessary. Sandra and Lili are going to take care of it. Shirat will research and compile a list of good videos about Joomla from Youtube.   The Social Media Team continues to work as usual. The team decided to use GitHub for task from...

Read more: Marketing & Communication Department Report from 3rd August 2017

JCM Team Meeting and Updates Report: AUG 2017

By Private Profile 73b9c128 on 2017-08-02 17:52 in Community Magazine Team

Attendees: Helvecio da Silva, Jacques Rentzque 2017-08-02, 16:30 UTC Topics discussed: JCM General og:imageJacques has provided a PSD file to be used as the basis for each magazine issue. JCM page og:imageJacques has informed that he is working on code that will allow a specific image be displayed when a previous issue is published  Issues in K2 filteringHelvecio has asked Jacques to check an issue in K2 items view when filtering articles. Instead of filtering, user is redirected...

Read more: JCM Team Meeting and Updates Report: AUG 2017

GSoC Team Meeting and Updates July - August 2017

By Private Profile 95792f89 on 2017-08-02 11:30 in Google Summer of Code Joomla Team

Attendees: Puneet Kala, Sandra Thevenet, Yves Hoppe   2017-08-01, 17:37 GMT +2 Each project's current status was discussed during the meeting. After second Evaluation, we have a total of 8 Passed Projects and 1 Failed (Routing Improvement) project. Instruction points for students were discussed and finalized as we go into the final weeks of GSoC. Instruction points for Mentors were discussed. A Google form has been shared with Mentors to send two members to...

Read more: GSoC Team Meeting and Updates July - August 2017

10th Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4!

By on 2017-08-02 06:16 in GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4

Thursday, 27 th July 2017 on Glip Time: 10.00p.m (Colombo Sri Lanka), 6:30 p.m (Munich Germany) Previous meeting report   List of Attendees Overview   Mentor   A Student   A Ruchiranga Wickramsinghe RW    X Supun Wanniarachchi SW X Ashan Fernando AF    X       Dimitris Grammatiko DG    X       Yves...

Read more: 10th Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4!

Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (01 Aug 2017)

By Sam Suresh on 2017-08-02 00:06 in Certification Team

Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (01 Aug 2017)   The Joomla! Certification Steering Team meeting was held via Glip   In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo , Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Oscar Ortiz Important Notes:- Team discussed about Italian version of exam. The production environment QMS will be ready soon and translation is expected to begin in the mid of August. A n number of questions will be translated for Italian exam. The team is looking for...

Read more: Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (01 Aug 2017)

1st August 2017 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2017-08-01 17:58 in Joomla User Groups Team

In Attendance:Djamel KherbiJenn GressRowan Hoskyns-AbrahallBrian RonnowNoemi Sanchez Del RioNo Show:Eric Lamy 1. Went over listings: no pending new or updated listings. 2. Went over doing a directory review. Rowan did an export of listings for us to work off of. 3. We need to do a newsletter. 4. Jenn to work on docs for Associations and hopefully be done by Thursday so we can get it implemented. Next meeting 15 August. Jenn to lead and Rowan to take minutes.

Read more: 1st August 2017 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

7th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (28/06/2017)

By Private Profile 2b8bfa9f on 2017-08-01 15:48 in GSoC 17 PR testing Platform

Meeting Topics:   Progress so far Posting the URL on the PR Docker Build step in Jenkins Meeting Attended by: Ashan Fernando, Niels Braczek, Tobias Zulauf, Yves Hoppe, Ricardo Fusco Summary Progress so far Setup the new server provided by Yves for PR builder project. Work in progress to post a comment in the PR as a build step from jenkins. This was found to be difficult since PR builder plugin lacks support for that. Alternatively search for other plugins...

Read more: 7th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (28/06/2017)

6th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (22/06/2017)

By Private Profile 2b8bfa9f on 2017-08-01 15:10 in GSoC 17 PR testing Platform

Meeting Topics:   Progress so far Jenkins setting up webhooks to Github issue in Digital Ocean server Decide on database container setup Approach on providing the test link to testers Meeting Attended by: Ashan Fernando, Niels Braczek, Tito Alvarez, Yves Hoppe, Ricardo Fusco Summary Progress so far Started setting up jenkins on a digital ocean droplet and also setup a domain mapping to the server, connecting Jenkins with Github webhooks in progress....

Read more: 6th Meeting: GSoC 17 PR Testing Platform (22/06/2017)

2017-07 Statistics

By Olaf Offick on 2017-08-01 08:22 in Forum Team

Timeframe7/2017New Posts4142New Topics788New Users1399 Timeframe7/2016New Posts5176New Topics1055New Users1840

Read more: 2017-07 Statistics

9th Meeting GSoC 17 - Expand Extensions Manager

By Private Profile 2f792033 on 2017-08-01 00:18 in GSoC 17 Expand Extension Manager

Date: 24/07/2017 Time: 20:00 PM UTC   Meeting was attended by: Anibal Sanchez, Nuno Lopes, Roland Dalmulder   Topics: 1- Introduction This week starts the second deadline on Google Summer of Code so the idea is to finish the Download Key feature and send the technical notes about this feature and “Fix database for extensions” feature to the core team and after review and approval to start thinking on the last and greatest feature “Signed Files” 2 - Download Key Manager...

Read more: 9th Meeting GSoC 17 - Expand Extensions Manager

9th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

By Shivam Rajput on 2017-07-31 17:32 in GSoC 17 Refactoring help screen on JDocs

Date: 27th July 2017 Time: 15:00 (UTC / GMT) Meeting was attended by: João Reys Santos, Sandra Thevenet, Shivam Rajput, Tom Hutchison, Yves Hoppe   Integrated CDN with Yves Fake Server(https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc17_helpscreens_on_jdocs/pull/10). I successfully integrated the JSON file from Yves server and they are being regularly updated from crowdin at every 1hours. As Yves told the still he is talking with JSST team to have the opinion on it. Yves...

Read more: 9th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

JED Team Meeting - July 28, 2017

By Anibal Sanchez on 2017-07-28 19:44 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Darek Śnieg, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee and Miron Savan. Absent: Aleksander Kuczek, Daniel Dubois, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Markus Bopp, Martin Mueller, Paul Franklin and Sotiris Katsaniotis JED 4 - New System Specification New JED will start progressing at the beginning of summer. The new JED build process...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - July 28, 2017

Certification Exam Team Meeting: 26-july-2017

By Chris Keen on 2017-07-28 11:55 in Certification Exam Team

Participants: Chris Keen (TL), Wilco Alsemgeest Apologies: Claudia Weber-Lenck (on vacation) ; Rick Spaan (unavailable on Wednesday evenings) Absent: None This is the first meeting in the last few weeks due to vacations and illness. We reviewed the first version of the Question Management System (QMS) and prepared feedback for the Platform Team and further development using Custom Fields now available in J! 3.7.We also discussed the possibility of providing an Italian language version of...

Read more: Certification Exam Team Meeting: 26-july-2017

Trademark Team Meeting - July 27, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-07-27 17:51 in Trademark & Licensing Team

This Joomla! Trademark & Licensing Team meeting was held on July 27th, 2017 at 07.00 p.m. (CET) on Glip. Team members Presents: Luca Marzo, Jenn Gress, Deb Cinkus. Discussion Outline Team opened a call for volunteers on Sunday. Trademark & Licensing Team needs motivated volunteers that, after a short training, will be able to process tasks and tickets. Luca enabled Jenn and Deb to work on tickets and trained her on how to process tickets. Team discussed about a service to...

Read more: Trademark Team Meeting - July 27, 2017

Italian Version of Joomla! Exam

By Sam Suresh on 2017-07-25 12:44 in Certification Team

Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (25 July 2017)   The Joomla! Certification Steering Team meeting was held via Glip   In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo , Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Oscar Ortiz Important Notes:- JDAY UK 17 Participant who encountered trouble in payment confirmation will be given free exam retake credit. JCP would like to highlight that all measures taken to prevent such incidents. Such incidents are purely technical failure (Paypal IPN...

Read more: Italian Version of Joomla! Exam

JTD Meeting at July, 24th, 2017

By Radek Suski on 2017-07-25 11:26 in Template Directory Team

Attendees:  Sławek Sikora, Radek Suski, Sigrid Suski,Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall Not in attendance: Guillermo Bravo Date/Time: 24 July 2017 @  14:00 UTC Reviewed all applications Layout document has been updated We need a server (Rowan will take care of it)   We would like to welcome our new team members:  Jeroen Moolenschot René Kreijveld Ankit Agarwal

Read more: JTD Meeting at July, 24th, 2017

2nd Quater meeting 17

By Claire Mandville on 2017-07-23 19:43 in Vulnerable Extensions List Team

2nd Quater meeting.Discussion and approval on droppping JIRA ticket system.Dissucsion on ongoing recruitment.Discussion on operations team reshuffle and processes.Discussion on interdepartment communication issues.Discussions then fell under NDA.

Read more: 2nd Quater meeting 17

Help us building a new Trademark Team

By Luca Marzo on 2017-07-23 10:06 in Trademark & Licensing Team

First of all, we want to say a big Thank you to Marco Richter who served as Team Leader for the Trademark & Licensing Working Group for long time. Since Marco stepped down as Team Leader, Luca will act temporary as interim team lead in order to rebuild the team, reorganizing the structure and conduct calls to recruit new people. The Joomla! Trademark Team, formerly known as Joomla! Trademark and Licensing Working Group (TLWG), plays a key role in the protection of the Joomla! brand all...

Read more: Help us building a new Trademark Team

OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - July 20, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-07-23 08:50 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: July 20, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director). Apologies: Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Michael Babker (Director). Discussion outline Production Department...

Read more: OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - July 20, 2017

8th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

By Shivam Rajput on 2017-07-21 20:49 in GSoC 17 Refactoring help screen on JDocs

Date: 20th July 2017 Time: 15:00 (UTC / GMT) Meeting was attended by: João Reys Santos, Sandra Thevenet, Shivam Rajput, Tom Hutchison, Peter Martin, Yves Hoppe CDN update for the Tour Guide. As Yves told he already have words with Michael for implementing it on JServer and With David Jardin from JSST Team look into this feature so I will wait till then. For a time being, I am implementing the CDN using Yves hosted Server.   Who is going to prepare the JSON...

Read more: 8th Meeting Joomla! GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

9th Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4!

By Private Profile 0ba00c4f on 2017-07-21 10:56 in GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4

Thursday, 20 th July 2017 on Glip Time: 10.00p.m (Colombo Sri Lanka), 6:30 p.m (Munich Germany) Report: Supun Previous meeting report   List of Attendees Overview   Mentor   A Student   A Ruchiranga Wickramsinghe RW   Supun Wanniarachchi SW x Ashan Fernando AF X       Dimitris Grammatiko DG X       Yves...

Read more: 9th Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4!

Community Translation Team - July 15th, 2017

By Private Profile 54576609 on 2017-07-20 13:13 in Community Translation Team

Community Translation Team - July 15th, 2017   Attendees: Sandra & Marc-Antoine Thevenet   During the last weeks, the team/translators have been really active.   Sandra worked with Sander to add a Crowdin field in the Volunteers Profiles which has been achieved by Sander on July 3rd. She prepared a social media post/picture to inform about this new field. Crowdin will also see if there’s a way to have an IcoMoon for Crowdin to add to this field. Andriy will...

Read more: Community Translation Team - July 15th, 2017

JDocs Report - July 19th, 2017

By Sandra Decoux on 2017-07-20 10:01 in Documentation Team

The Documentation requires a daily and never ending work. JDocs Update Tom Hutchison has upgraded successfully the Wiki on July 1st. Many improvements have been included to make the management of the documentation easier as well as the translator workflow (categories are now automatically translated, obsolete strings are highlighted …).A big thank you to Tom for his great work and availability! Martijn keeps on updating the 3.7 Help Screens (thank you Martijn!)Sandra did a...

Read more: JDocs Report - July 19th, 2017

Joomla Operations Department Meeting, July 19 2017

By Peter Martin on 2017-07-19 19:57 in Operations

Joomla Operations Department Meeting Wednesday July 19 2017, 19:00:00  UTC  Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Radek Suski (Template Directory Team). Apologies: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team) Minutes: Operations Department Coordinator Board of...

Read more: Joomla Operations Department Meeting, July 19 2017

Planned features for the Volunteers Portal & looking for volunteers

By Sander Potjer on 2017-07-19 17:44 in Volunteers Portal Team

In the next months, we are planning to further expand the features of the Joomla Volunteers Portal. Main focus areas will be: Improve the ability to match open positions (see the Help Wanted page) with volunteers willing to contribute based on skills & interests. Implementing a system (e.g. badges) to recognise volunteers for their contributions across the entire Joomla!-project and make contributions visible on profiles, in collaboration with the Volunteer Engagement Team. Improve...

Read more: Planned features for the Volunteers Portal & looking for volunteers